Monday, January 27, 2014

1-27-14

Hola Familia!

If you could guess by the title I am getting transfered from Royal City. I have such mixed feelings about leaving. I am excited for a new transfer, but sad to be leaving my people here. The announced it in Sacrament meeting and the first two people who left the chapel were glaring because they were mad I was leaving. It was rather commical. But it will be a new transfer full of many adventures! Why do you ask, well I am heading to Quincy, to serve only in English, while training a new missionary! I am really excited to see what new experiences this will bring me and pray everyday that the Lord will give me the strength I need to do his will.

Royal has been pretty good, we hit a few rough weeks, where i was convinced that someone was paying people to avoid us, but other than that it has been pretty great. People here are pretty happy right now, partially because the Seahawks are going to the superbowl. As one member explained it to me it goes harvest, hunting season, Christmas time, then football, and then the new year can begin, so he is getting ready for the new year well into February. 

I got over the Stomach flu pretty fast, it just so happens that the last time i got to email was the 1 day i had it bad. It hit me pretty hard though. I lost like 7 pounds in 2 days. No really my preferred method of losing weight, but what do you do. The other days we had a few solid lessons with people who i think have a lot of potential! I am really excited for Hermana Pullens to continue teaching them. Plus the other day we had a lesson and my Spanish got complimented, it was so cool, my companion was talking about how hers wasn't very good and the lady said, "Well don't worry, with her you will be able to learn, she has really good spanish" Victory! I am for the most part understanding everything said. I am sad that i won't be speaking it as much, but i won't let it die down for when i jump back in.

Last night we had a really cool experience. Josie, the 11 year old girl we are teaching decided to get baptized! We went over all the questions with her and she was ready, and she said she wants a small baptism, which is her choice, but i am really excited for her! That family is awesome! 

Royal is doing really well right now, yesterday the branch was so full that they had to bring chairs into their room, and if they have a few more weeks like that, they will have to move into the chapel, how awesome is that? I am really excited for them! 

Looking back, i have so many great experiences here in Royal City, ranging from spiritual to funny, to rediculous. The adventure that a mission brings is truly amazing and not easily forgotten. It is funny because as you get ready to leave a place, the members all ask you your first name so they can add you on facebook.... I just laugh and say, "i will tell you, but you won't be able to find me" They ask why i then proceed to tell them my first name and then i feel like the times before my mission when they realize after all this time that i have a famous name. It really gives me joy as a missionary. And after all these years who would have thought that it wouldn't bother me when people brought up that my name was Rachel Ray.

We had a really cool lesson in Relief Society yesterday, it talked baout being prepared for times of Chaos, and how to react when we are there, and it really helped me reflect on the fact that the Lord will never leave me alone, he will not fail me, nor forsake me. But he will "fight for me" as it says in the Old Testament. I am glad to serve him. I am currently reading Jesus the Christ and it amazes me the life of the Savior, even before his birth, the humble circumstances. It shows that we don't need all the fancy things, but that we are all of Noble status in the Lords eyes, and it is how we react to our circumstances that really show who we are.

I love you all and hope that you are doing fabulous, i love hearing stories from home and every thing that is going on, I love being a missionary and servant of my Lord Jesus Christ and i can think of any better year and a half than now to spend all of my time dedicated to him. Have a Great week and i will talk to you all from Quincy next week.

Hermana Ray

These are 5 of Wendy's 6 kids, They are so cute!! And have a whole lot of energy! After that picture they literally like tackled me.

The next one is Hermana Pullens, i figured i should probably at least show you what she looks like now that we have been together for 6 weeks.
 


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment