Monday, April 21, 2014

4-21-14

Familia!

I hope you all had a fabulous Easter! I sure did! We had an amazing Sacrament meeting focused on Jesus Christ. We actually had two high council men speak which was interesting. But overall it was a good Easter. We went and tried to watch the Because of Him video with whoever would watch it with us yesterday. It was so powerful! I can't tell you how many times i have watched it, but i could still sit and watch it again and again if necessary! I love our Savior Jesus Christ and can't quite possibly picture my life without him!

Mom, to answer your question, no I don't think I will be in Quincy long term. In fact, we have transfers this week and I am actually headed up to Chelan, Washington. It will be my first time in and part of the mission that isn't in the desert and the only thing people keep telling me is that it is so pretty there!! And from what I hear good hiking.. I hope my new companion likes to hike :) Speaking of which. My new companion is Hermana Jett from New Jersey. I have meet her before and served around her, but i don't know her super well. I am excited to be off on my new adventure and to be using my Spanish again!

This week went pretty well we had a hard time getting a hold of people. But to me, that is just part of misisonary work right? Some weeks are better than others. But in every week there are highlights of the Miracles. This week we were eating dinner with a family that hasn't been to church in a long time and where the wife isn't a member of the church. We have spoke with them on a few occasions. Her and I get along really well. Well after dinner we were talking about knowledge in Preach my Gospel (Christ-like attributes is one of my favorite chapters) and it led into a discussion on the word Agency. I had never thought of that being on of the words that we as members of the church use rather than other people, but we talked about being agents and the point of Agency and then i told her we would study it more and come back. As well with Easter Bro. Barrow wanted to know more about the Garden of Gethsemane. Man they both really gave my brain a work out! 

It is amazing as i have been reading the Book of Mormon I have been getting excited for the parts coming up. Then i realized i know the scriptures well enough to know what is coming up in the future! It was really cool for me to see that personal growth! 

We had people come to church for Easter Sunday which made my day! Especially since Sacrament was all about the Savior and the Doctrine of Christ and all that he does for us! And many of the scriptures were out of the Book of Mormon and how the Book of Mormon testifies of our Savior Jesus Christ! it was super awesome. I love being in church and getting to hear others testimonies. Hearing the testimonies of others is one of the best sources of a testimony.

Yesterday i took a deeper look into the Saviors last days and his glorious Resurrection in "Jesus the Christ". Seeing as the book is really long i focused on the few sections in the Garden, on the cross, and the Ressurection. But all that led me onto other topics and other paths and i learned and grew so much in the love of my Savior yesterday. That is the most interesting part of holidays on your mission. you see them in a whole new light. You remember why they are special. They become very personal. Well after learning so much of my Savior i ended up in the book of Matthew. Chapter 16 verses 15-16.

"15 He saith unto them, But whom say aye that am?
16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God."

My testimony is that. When i see him I can Say thou art the Christ, son of the Living God! And i want everyone to know that. If you haven't gotten a chance to see the Because of him video, it might still be up today, not sure how long the will leave it up, but i will attach a link anyway. watch it! it is amazing! I know that my Savior Jesus Christ lives and am so glad to have the opportunity to serve him. Love you! Have a great week!


Hermana Ray
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment