Wednesday, October 1, 2014

9-29-14

Hola Familia!

I am glad you all aren't expecting too much out of me this week. It has been an interesting week to say the least, but the work continues to move forward. I can't believe it is already that time. AHHH! I could sit here and write something super inspirational about what i have learned being a missionary, but i can't even put it into words. I love it. Everything. The hard times the good times and everything in between.

I know God is our Loving Heavenly Father, and if nothing else i want everyone i talk to to understand that simple truth.

I know that Christ is our Savior and that everything that he did was for us. Individually and that through His Atonement everything is possible and that we can witness that cleansing power through repentance.

I know that we have Christ's church on the Earth today in the same way it was formed originally. I have no doubt. The Gospel just makes sense :)

Through the Restoration we have that Power to act in God's name and know that we are being led by Jesus Christ himself.

We have been fortunate enough to receive both modern revelation and ancient records that help us understand Christ's mission and life and our purpose here on the Earth.

AHHH!! I just love the Gospel it makes so much sense!! I love being a missionary. My life has been changed for the better and for forever.

Just to share a short experience:

Yesterday i had to tell Hugo that i wasn't going to be there for his baptism. It was sad because i have been teaching him since the begining and he loves it! he gets it. But as i told him, i thought he was going to cry, which would make me cry. ugh. But then he said the closing prayer and he prayed for ME. He prayed that all would go well for me and such. i felt so much peace in that moment. Besides the fact that i was about to ball like a baby. The Gospel changes lives. And for that i will forever be grateful!

See you all next week!

Hermana Ray

ps. i tried to send a picture of my hike today, but the card reader won't work... Sorry! just know it was Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lake mountains waterfall, the works!

No comments:

Post a Comment