Wednesday, October 2, 2013

10-2-13


This week and a half has been awesome. we had a temple trip today so
our pday was changed to Wednesday. Suprise! But it was all really
good! I love going to the Temple. We had to drive through Pasco to get
to the temple and i couldn't stop thinking of the memories and the
experiences there. It is no joke that your mission becomes a part of
you and every area you serve. I am definitely becoming a better
person.

This last week has been really good. We had a lot of work to do and
that is a good thing. There has been some crazy storms up and so the
work schedule of the farmers has been changing a lot. Anyway, one day
we had such an amazing experience of getting to show 3 guys the church
building and talking about Christ. Every single one of them talked
about feeling the Spirit and have been very accepting of many of the
things we teach. I hope they can start to see that taking action and
trying to change will help them. It was just a really cool experience.

Along with that, we have really been working hard to have members in
the missionary work. And every time we have had a member with us the
Spirit has been so strong and it has been a really great experience
for me, i hope it has been like that for them as well. The power of a
personal testimony from a "real person" is just so awesome. They
instantly have a friend who has shared one of the most important parts
of their life with them. It has been really good.

General Relief Society Meeting was pretty awesome. The importance of
promises is huge, especially when they are promises with God. But one
part that really stuck out to me was when the story was told of the
hike and how the girl was so excited to hike to the top and ended up
being the last one up. For me that was a huge girls camp flash back. I
remember being put at the back and wanting to be up front running up
the trail but it has been recently that i have recognized the
blessings form being in the back of the group. Never before would i
have thought that being in the back would have helped me to grow and
be a leader. but that is exactley what it did. it taught me how to
observe and look at others to see how i could help. So, mom, thanks
for helping me be the person i am by putting me at the back of the
hike. that talk was like a reflection for me, and it was really cool
to hear.

I also had the awesome opportunity to talk with a man, who turned to
me and said, now i have a question. then he asked me a question and
about faith in Jesus Christ. He talked about his saving power and if
it was more of a solution than modern medicine. It was and interesting
question, but luckily i have seen the blessings of faith combined with
action. I know that whatever is Christ's will could be done. no
questions asked, but i also know that faith usually requires action.
It is hard to explain, but to be able to open up and express what i
know to be true, with no fear. I know that it was Christ who has
helped me to this point in my life. God loves us. He wants what is
best for us, but just like parents, that doesn't mean he will just
give it to us. Don't give up, continue to work for it, He won't let
you down. have a great week.

Hermana Ray

I know this has been short but I love you all


No comments:

Post a Comment