Thursday, February 27, 2014

2-24-14

Famlia!

Wow what a week it has been here in Quincy! I can't even express how extremely grateful I am to be about the Lord's work. I have no doubt that he has his hand in it and that he is watching over us. I am also extremely grateful for all the people who help make this work possible. I am nothing compared to the grand scheme of things.

We have really been focusing on trying to talk to more people everyday. Not just talk, but open our mouth and testify of the good news that brings us peace. It has been great to see just how much the Lord is preparing people to hear his message. At the beginning of this week I was looking at how I could better be used as an instrument in the Lords hands. As I started Preach my Gospel over I read, "We challenge you to rise to a new level of commitment" and it hit me. I needed to really see how many more souls the Lord has to put in my path and work diligently to help them. It has been crazy what has happened this week. One of the people we were really excited to teach called to cancel her appointment but we couldn't get her off our minds... Saturday was her birthday and we decided to drop off a card for her birthday. Well, we had a great lesson about what reasons she had to be hesitant to jump back in and by the time we left she told us she  would some to church. So she came to relief society (we have classes before sacrament here) and she loved it. It had answered some of her questions, addressed her concerns, and she realized how many people there were that she knew there. It was a great experience. Some of our other investigators didn't make it to church this week, but they are all slowly moving forward and finding that desire to be baptized :)

That is just one example of the Lord having his hands in everything and finding people that are truly prepared. Last night after dinner we went back to work and we couldn't believe the night we had. 2 of the 4 or 5 people we talked to invited us in and talked to us about thinking they needed to go back to church and that they didn't know how and maybe we could help them. I seriously was blown away! As we had exchanges this week Hna. Larson and I were talking about how often we don't ask for miracles because we feel that we are asking too much of the Lord, and then I found a scripture yesterday in Moroni 7:37 that says, "Behold, I say unto you nay; for it is by faith that miracles are wrought; and it is by faith that angels appear and minister unto men; wherefore, if these things have ceased wo be unto the children of men, for it is because of unbelief, and all is vain." That scripture hit me sooo hard! every time as I read the scriptures I am amazed at how much faith they have and how close to Christ they are and the miracles they see, this week I realized that we are entitled to those same miracles, and if we aren't receiving them it is because we don't really believe that Christ truly can do all he says he can. So I started to pray for miracles and thought, man we really can see these happen and they have been! Quincy is definitely prepared and part of the Lord's work!

Another really cool experience was with one of the couples we are teaching, they are so cute and amazing, and their culture background is different. They are Buddhist and the wife doesn't speak English hardly at all. So as we were starting to teach them, they got a call from the sister missionaries in Salt Lake City, who we have been working with (also a new experience) She reexplained everything we were teaching in Thai and we could see the light bulbs going off. Thank goodness for technology. It has been really fun! I can't believe how much I still don't know about this gospel everyday!!

On top of that awesome week we had a great Zone Conference where we learned about helping people grow their own testimonies and focusing the work around them. President Ware is so inspired about what we need to hear. I know that he was called of God. He cares so much and has been really helping us with the way the Lord wants us to do missionary work.

We definitely feel so blessed that the Lord loves us enough to help us out in this work. People are the key. They have such honest and sincere desire. Don't be afraid to answer a question that someone has about the church, as we constantly study our scriptures, the Spirit has answers to draw from and tell you what to say! Pray for the missionaries in your areas, they need your help and your prayers more than you realize! I love you all and thank you for your prayers and support! Let us all go out and be happy servants of the Lord!

Hermana Ray

This is in the town of George (also in my area)... yep I am in George, Washington! So in this lovely town of about 200 people there is this statue to honor him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment