Monday, June 16, 2014

6-16-14

Hola Familia!

The world continues to move here in Manson and Chelan, but at the same time it seems to not be moving. It is hard to believe that it is like the middle of the summer. But not for the reason you would think. It hasn't been super warm outside. And that has been really weird! I have worn my jacket like every night this week... In the summer.. Who does that? But that is ok, because there was much needed rain that passed through the area. With the rain everyone has been super busy with work. Because they may not work they day it is raining... but everyday after that is crazy.. especially with Cherries. Everyone is succumbed to the will of those darn things.

Start the day off with a good dog story. Saturday we knocked a door. No answer. We knocked again, no answer. We turn to leave and hear a dog bark (outside the house). My companion didn't realize this and wondered why i was headed to the gate with such speed. Well she found out quick as a pit bull came from around the corner. Getting out of the gate, thinking we were safe, we slowed down... until the pit bull got through the gate. Running again until it finally stopped chasing us just after the end of their property. All i thought was run, hope my companion was ready to take on for the team. we need to work on her fight or flight reaction... I love when people do that, can't they just open the door and say no thanks? oh no let me let my dogs out the back and tell them to attack. ya thanks a lot.

But overall it has been a really good week and we are seeing miracles all over the place despite the cherry harvest. We finally got to meet with Claudia. She has been super busy cause she just picked up another job. But it was really cool. We talked about the Doctrine of Christ and her feelings as she has been learning about it. She tried explaining how she felt and she was like, "it is hard to explain, i can't really put it into words." As she said these words, she explained the Spirit and we were all smiling from ear to ear including her. Although she hasn't decided when she is going to get baptized i know it will happen! :) So excited for her! that family is truly one of the nicest and most humble families that I have ever worked with on my mission. 

Also we had a miracle happen at church yesterday. As we were looking for potential people to contact, we were talking with some members and they brought up a name of a girl that was very close to their family. We then saw her name on some papers we had and we were like, ok not a coincidence, lets go try and see her. After trying the house 2 times and not getting her and the second time, no one bothered to come to the door after asking who it was, we were pretty discouraged that we had this inspiration and then to hit a dead end. (Because it has happened to us multiple times this week) Then, Las Abigails (A mother and daughter both named Abigail) brought a friend to church. We get talking to her and guess who it is. The same person we had been trying to get a hold of earlier that week. turns out she is related to las Abigails. It was a miracles! we got it set up to come visit with her. It is through moments like these that you know God's hand is in your life.

I finally finished The Book of Mormon this week and i think my companion is pretty excited because everyday i was so amazed at what i was learning about and I wanted to share it! But i really got a lot out of it that I personally needed. A lot about the prophets and how they set the example for us in Christ-like service to others. Then the first two talks of the Conference Ensign have the very same topic, of being disciples of Christ though love and righteousness. Elder Holland said something that really made me stop and think.

 "take heart. Pure Christlike love flowing from true righteousness can change the world."

"Christlike love is the greatest need we have on this planet in part because righteousness was always supposed to accompany it."

That last one just really stuck out to me. I love being a missionary. I love my Savior Jesus Christ, and i know that if i serve others and try to be like Christ then i have nothing to fear (well, except man eating dogs). I hope you have a great week and take some time to read from the Book of Mormon, it has changed my life and my testimony of my Savior Jesus Christ. I can't wait to get back into its pages. Love you!

Hermana Ray

Len and Lesa were out of town so we were on Llama duty

No comments:

Post a Comment