Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Pasco


21 May 2013

Dear Familia!

Welp I made it to Washington!  The flights went really smooth.  I sat by all missionaries both times, so no people to talk to.  It is OK though.

My mission President and his wife are awesome, I am sad they will be leaving.  (There mission assignment is completed the end of June).

First day was great, pictures and such, get to know you's, interviews, info about everything.  PDay (preparation day, the day missionaries go shopping, do laundry, write emails, and such) will be Monday so you will hear form me next week.

But my first Area is Pasco, WA (one of the Tir-Cities) and it is with the Pasco 5th Branch.  My trainer is Hna Pierce and that's all I know to dayte.  We will be the first sisters in that area, so I am starting on a fun, new assignment.  I just hope Hna Pierce speaks good Spanish.

Dad, sorry for the awkward phone ending, we didn't have a great connection and I have your genes I was in the airport, I loved our conversation! (Rachel got to make calls to her parents from the SLC airport while waiting for her flight to WA so she had conversations with her Dad and Mom).  I think that is one of the longest phone conversations we have had.  I LOve You, thanks for your example.

Mom, I love you and I love my mission.  You will love the Greer's (Rachel's Mission President and his wife).

Sarah, I love your face.  Thanks for being a good example to me.  I am so proud of you.  Sarahy, what summer camp did you get put at?

Dan . . . one Legally Blonde Quote "We Did It!"  Congrats Bud, I'm proud of you!  Know I will be there in spirit Thursday (graduation) and Saturday (work).  Have fun and try to enjoy Stapley.

Grandma and Grandpa were officially my first letter out in Washington.  I got more excited about it than I did my mission debit card.  Give them my love.  Does Grandma Blog stalk me now?

Also, pretty much all the sister areas in my mission have cars, do that is cool.  I hope I don't get fat.  Apparently there are some pretty cool waterfalls in my Mission, but none in my current area right now.

It is fresh crop time here in Pasco, Who is excited?? This guy!  Oh, guess what they fed me for my first meal out of the MTC?  Ham and yummy potatoes, today felt a little like Christmas.  (The Ray's have ham and yummy potatoes for dinner on Christmas).

Oh, and I also think I am related to an Elder Ray here in the Mission.  His name is Dallin Oakley Ray, so I am assuming he is Oakley Ray's grandson (Oakley Ray is Rachel's grandfather Dewey Ray's first cousin) and that we are related.

I Love You all !  The Church is true, and the Mission is awesome!  Hugs and kisses and all email Monday!

Love,

Hermana Ray

P.S.  Ironically the Tri-Cities haven't gotten rain in a month and it rained today.  Un Chiste Padre Celestial, Gracias. 



Sorry for the phone screen shot. it was the only way the blog would accept it

No comments:

Post a Comment