Thursday, May 2, 2013

P-day Switch





What better way to start out the day than an email from me? On the wrong day.... So on Sunday our schedule was completely changed because of semester for BYU. So my Pday is now Wed. Sorry mom. So mom and dad, if you would send my eamil through Dearelder this week i would really appreciate it. otherwise i won't get it til next week. 
 
Anyway my weeks have been a little crazy here. A completely new schedule that has been kinda nice cause I get to sleep til 6:30 everyday but Wed. and i don't even care cause Wed i get to go to the temple, so it is all made up for. Plus both of our teachers were supposed to be changing, but only one actually did. She was my favorite, but i guess it's ok, i obviously need to learn something from it. I love classes, even though somedays it is hard to have class that many hours a day when you have to think twice as hard cause your teachers talk in Spanish. But i love it, i have learned so much since i have been here. I can finally talk to people and sound like i didn't learn my spanish from a 3 year old.
 
It is finally warming up in Utah.  (thank goodness) and we get to go out and use the field for gym time. Our group usually goes and plays kickball which is fun. Except i got really bored after like 2 innings cause everyone stopped kicking it tome in the outfield (aparently they were mad i could catch). But i love being outside, it is amazing what 50 mins of outside time can do to help me let out energy and refocus for class.
 
Sunday was definately my favorite day this week. We got to listen to music and the spoken word, Relief scoiety was good, and for our fireside we got to hear from the managing director of the missionary department. He brought a fun message at the MTC is was nice to be able to sit back and relax a little bit. Just to give you guys an image of how many sister misionaries there are at the MTC, we have hit about 50% of the mission force. We had over 1200 sisters at relief society.
 
Spanish and teaching is coming along really great. I love it. I love getting to know people. It is crazy the connections you can make with people all over.
 
One last thing. I just want to share a little bit about what i know has help me here. I can sum it up in 1 word. Prayer. I seriously would not be able to do this without having my Father in Heaven to talk to. Even though he already knows everything, he wants us to tell him, he wants us to trust him enough to pay attention to what he is trying to tell us though feeling the Spirit. He is our Father and that is all he wants from us, for us to talk to him as we would talk to our fathers. I know that is true, i know God hears my prayers. I think you should all go watch the mormon message (it is like the only form of media entertainment here in the MTC) Earthly Father Heavenly Father, it is so good. I love the quote at the end of the video. I could seriously watch it over and over. tp get to it. go to lds.org and type mormon messages in the search bar. click on the link and it should be one of the ones to pop up.
 
People i saw this week: Elder Garrett Turley, Sister Morgan Heywood
 
I love you all, thanks for the love and the support. I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true. Sorry the emai this week is short.
 
 Always remember to try to be the best person you can be. "Real change may require repeated attempts." - Todd D. Christopherson

No comments:

Post a Comment