Friday, May 31, 2013

Tuesday

So here is the deal i have 15 minutes to write this email because that is all the computer will allow me to do.
Oh and Happy Early Birthday Kenley!!
Thanks everyone for the pictures and emails although i just kinda skimmed them today it was great to have them.
So my first area is Pasco it is right next to kennewick and it is west pasco and all of Richland, but there aren't very many people for us to teach in Richland. My Companions name is Hna. Pierce and she is pretty awesome. We are opening our area for sister missionaries in this branch. THey used to have some but the branch split so they don't anymore. So we are it. There is lots of work to be done. I have spent most of my first couple days here tracting and trying to find people to teach, thats what happens when you get to a new place. I will likely be staying in the kennewick misison as well.
My interview with my misisonpresident was good, he talked a lot about Charity and hope and how they can help us in missionary work. We get along cause he is from AZ and played basketball. So thats cool.

We are learning to look on the bright side of life. We were walking in a neighborhood and not having much success talking to people when we were invited into a house and offered a drink and a popsicle, awesome right?
My first week, ya i don't know what language they taught me in the MTC, butit sounded kinda like spanish but it was sooo clear. here people really mumble. But it is going good i really like it here, beautiful weather!! People say wait til it gets 95 degrees and you won't be saying that... i just kindly smile and nod to them but laugh to myself cause that sounds awesome. Although the day we got here it was raining. I didn't think anything of it until someone said it doesn't really rain in Kennewick and it had been like a month since they got rain... It has rained 3 or 4 days since i got here so i don't know if i believe them.
Church my first sunday just made my head hurt. I didn't understand hardly any of it but thats ok. I am sure it will come.
Basically, serving the Lord is a blessing and Although at times we may face challenge we have the most powerful 2 people on the earth on our side. I love you all and there will be more next time.. hopefully, if i can figure out these computers.

Oh and i took a picture with the graduation announcements showing i wanted to be there.
The Gospel is great, We are so Lucky so remember that!!
L:ove,
Hermana Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment