Monday, June 3, 2013

Happy graduation!!!!! You too dan even though i didn't get an announcement. I got pictures i am so so proud!


So i am at a new library and we are both new to the area and there was  a little timer counting down from 30 minutes, so i was freaking out about getting my email done. Well when it hit 0, it started over again. So sorry if that last email was totally aweful. I was trying to give you what you needed to know.
So here is a little of what i forgot
First off i can't believe nate and Andrew are almost home, that is nuts!!!
The area is kinda like Mesa, but way smaller, there are parts where everything is in spanish and there are parts that don't have any people who speak spanish. As for scenery... Mom i hate to break it to you but Pasco looks like Mesa minus the cacti. Thats kind of a lie. there are more trees and grass, but the grass is yellow and the trees are because people planted them.
My first meal out in the field was dinner with member. We eat with members every night pretty much and it was pasole, not my favorite but ok. It was chicken and beans in broth. I am going to have to get used to eating a lot, which could be rough. Other than that i have a pb and j or quesadilla for lunch everyday. I bought myself a totinos pizza but have nothing to cook it on.
We are in a new apartment so it is very clean and pretty nice. Our apartment complex has a gym, so even if my companion didn't want to run (which she does like) there are treadmills for me to use. It is pretty sweet. They also have a tanning bed that is free for residents... talk about temptation. But i never remember being this white before in my entire life!!
Spanish is coming along, it is a little weird cause we always start in English so we don't offend anyone and lots of the younger people speak both. I am excited to be able to have conversations with the members at church.


No comments:

Post a Comment