Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Hola Familia!!
It is so good to hear that the cousins are doing well and readjusting back to houses that are more than sleeping places.

Work here in Pasco is going really good. Mom, don't be deceived by the green grass right by the river is maintained because it is a jogging path and a park. They also have a boat racing place and a very nice horse track right by where I live. But it must not be the season for either cause we haven't seen anything happening in either place.
The work is definately going good. Sometimes I feel that all we do all day is talk to people. We have been working on building our teaching pool and hopefully it will keep progressing.
Crazy experience dor the week. Folks I have invited some people to be baptized. It has been interesting to hear the responses. But we put our first person on date for baptism!!!! Her name is Dalia and she is pretty cool. I am so excited for her. And as crazy as it was about baptism before really learning anything of the Restoration, there is more. Yesterday my companion and I had every lesson go through and every back up for those lessons go through.... We honestly had no where else to go. So we pulled out our scriptures and took at little spiritual break cause we had no idea where to go. My comp read Proverbs 3:5-6 and i opened to Galatians 5:22?? I think. Grandpa shared it with me in a letter. It talks about how the Spirit talks to us. Well we obviously needed to take it to God. We offered a pray together and because of that we stayed at the apartments we were at and went to a specific building that didn't follow any order. As we were walking there we ran into our ward misison leader who was going to visit his "mom" (like me going to visit Sis. J) and he invited us to come along. We had a great conversation about prayer and as we were talking to her we found out that it was Dalia's friend that she had been tellling us about!! She had gone to church with them before... Seriously, what are the chances of that happening? But it was great because now we have invited both of them to a relief society activity and hopefully we can teach them together and they can build off of one another. The Heavens are open and we can receive answers from God. Just sayin.
As for 2 hour church, Lisa hate to break it to you but if they are doing that it is not in Pasco. Actually I have no idea i haven't heard of anything and I also go to church in Spanish every week and understand less than half of what is going on. But it is getting better. My companion really pushes me to improve my Spanish in a good way.
Another quick funny story.. real quick. We had to wash our car today but have no hose. Honestly we don't have a whole lot of anything. We washed it using our mop bucket (dish-soapy water), pots (rinsing water), and rags.. it was pretty impressive.

I will continue working hard to be the best missionary i can be. If i ever need a pick me up i read my conference Ensign or the friend or monthly Ensign and it motivates me to keep working hard and pushing forward.

I am kind of getting used to the food and amounts i have to eat. I ate 6 tostadas for dinner the other day and i thought they would never end!!! But i also depend on myself for fruits and veggies, scary right??? So since i have been missing it i bought myself a watermelon today, it was great!! And will be even better when its cold! Reminds me of summer.
I also got a sunburn for the first time this week. Summer burn, got to love it. But since i am a missionary it was only on half of my body from facing the sun in a certain way all day, like walking or standing at a door. But thats ok. I am so glad to hear emma is doing so good at the swimming pool, she is such a little fish (so proud.. sniff sniff..)
Well i love you all, thanks for the prays, thoughts, and letters. I am happy because i am a servant of the Lord!! Love you all!! A la obra
Con Amor,
Hermana Ray

1 comment:

  1. Dear Rachel,
    I hope you won't mind if I'm reading your blog. You may not remember me; I'm Susan Jensen's mom, Julia Kennedy. I grew up in Pasco; I won't tell you how many years ago that was, but all of the Tri-Cities, Pendleton, Oregon, Walla Walla, and the Columbia Basin were all one stake. I had hoped to see you, since right now, we're in the Kennewick Mission, but we'll be in the Vancouver Mission by July 1. It's been fun to read about how well the work is progressing there. Enjoy your mission...I'll keep peeking at your blog. Love, Sister K

    ReplyDelete