Tuesday, June 25, 2013

OH WHAT A BEAUTIFUL MORNING!!!!

Hola Familia!!
It is a pretty crazy time to be a missionary! But I am sure everyone will be starting to see the changes. The broadcast was really good. I hope you guys all enjoyed watching it. Our leaders sure do give insight. If you felt a prompting on someone who needs to hear the gospel, follow it, what's the worst that can happen?
Pasco has been pretty rainy this week. It is sooo random though. one day it is 90 degrees and the next thing you know we don't see the sun for a few days. It is some pretty crazy stuff. But i actually haven't minded the rain too much. Yesterday we were tracting in the rain and a guy goes, "don't you think there is a better time to be doing that?".. But we do it everyday so oh well.
My new companion is Hermana McBride from Salt Lake City. She is a big ball of energy. I am probably the least outspoken of the three of us. Crazy right? But it is good. They both have really strong testimonies. And she also has bloonde hair. so sometime people say "oh i no speak english" to try to get us to go away cause no one thinks we can speak spanish. Every time, no one expects it out of two blondes and a red head it is weird.
I had my first interesting food experience of my mission. I am not sure what it was called. It was soup that had Shrimp (still shelled), octopus, and muscles... It hit me like a truck i wasn't expecting it. But i got it all down and was finally relieved when i had it finished when she came and refilled my bowl!! The funniest part was when i first got it, I physically didn't know how to eat it!! I was like am i supposed to peel the legs off or what?? It was definitely a new experience for me.

We have been working really hard to find people to teach and get the members involved. It is a work in progress. As things change so do we. Never underestimate the a members testimony can make. People expect it as missionaries for us to testify, but you are "normal people" and it brings an extra element.
I think my favorite quote of the broadcast was from Elder Neil A Anderson:"Every work we do should start on our knees" and that is for sure. If we try to include Heavenly Father every where in our lives, He can then come into every part of our lives. such a blessing.
As for the subject of this email: i was reading a conference talk entitled "Beautiful Morning" and it tells a story about a guy hearing someone singing this song at the top of his lungs on this miserable day.... I thought of you mom. But it made me smile. He then ended with the fact that we should wake up every morning and say, Oh What Beautiful Morning! So that is what i think everyone should try to do. I am working on that everyday of my life.
We have a few pretty cool investigators right now, they are all very different but our message can help all of them. It doesn't matter who you are, the gospel is the same, i think that is so cool! We had a lesson this week and as we were talking to him. We were thinking that his wife was the interested one. So when he said that his wife was busy we thought about rescheduling and coming back a different day. Instead we sat down started talking to him and asked him why he invited us to come back. His response wasn't what we were expecting. He told us about the terrible day he was having and how when we knocked on the door and told him who we were it was like God was knocking on his head. He then said he could see truth in our eyes as we testified and that he was hoping to find that. Such a cool experience!! You truely never know who is ready for the gospel.
Another great week to be a servant of the Lord. I hope everyone knows how much i love my Savior Jesus Christ. He is seriously the best. Have a great week!!!
Con Amor,
Hermana Ray


No comments:

Post a Comment